Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday's Fave Five #12


Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Living to Tell the Story. It's a great way for me to stay on the positive side, and remember both the big and little blessings in life.

1. Our roof is fixed.

I'm very grateful to both my daddy and Jonathan for getting up there and fixing it! A big patch of shingles were gone when we woke up one morning, and there were shingles blown all over the yard. It had resulted in our dining room ceiling leaking when it rained. While our house isn't big at all(by American standards), it is a two-story and the roof is very steep. It took a few attempts and using some tricks to make the job safer, but they got it done, and I'm very grateful! (Jonathan's dad has fell off a roof in the past and broke his back, so "roof-fixing" is a very dangerous job).

2. Jonathan fixed our printer.

I'm pretty proud of him! He kept working at it, and got it fixed, so we don't have to buy a new one right now. I really like our old printer, so I'm extremely grateful Jonathan saved it and the money we would have lost on a new one.

3. A new microwave.

I SO didn't want to buy a new one, by the way. Our old one just randomly started doing some magic tricks earlier this week when I turned it on. It was very scarey, so I turned that thing off and we didn't mess with it. It's had a good life, though. It's the same one we got when we first got married(7 years). It was a lesson for me to realize just how much I use the microwave in an average day. Going without one will teach you real quick. Our new one cooks EVEN quicker! I'm amazed and grateful!

4. Teachers that love Grasshopper.

Monday, we had the final meeting of the year to go over progress and all. With their testing, he got an average age of 1 year, 11 months. (His real age is 3 years, 7 months). They don't think(we don't either) that's a true number, because he won't talk for them as much as he does at home. It was still a tough number to hear, either way. I can tell they really love him, though, and that makes me happy.

5. Tot packs!

Since the whole "copyright" issue came up with Pinterest, I haven't done any pinning. (I've been meaning to clear out my boards and only do pins from websites that WANT you to pin their stuff, but I haven't yet). I do still hunt for things I need/want, though. For all the mothers out there willing to do free tot packs...a huge THANK YOU! We've really been working with Grasshopper using these packs. At his meeting, we learned about a few more things that he's having trouble with, so I went searching for more tot packs. I spent last night printing, laminating, and cutting. He really likes the variety, I think.

P.S.
Also, a huge THANKS to Creative Madness Momma for organizing all these tot packs on her boards so wonderfully!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you've had a lot of 'fixes' this week. I'm glad they've all gone well for you. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a couple of fixers at your house -- so do I, and I really appreciate them. I know what you mean about the microwave. We use it alot, in a lot of little ways.

    Love those teachers who love your kids. I know how that is! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for stuff getting fixed!!! I taught early childhood special education for years before staying home with my oldest and a delay for a 3 yr old at the 1 year old level isn't all that "bad" depending on what his issues are. Is he speech/language delayed? I'll pray that all goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great to hear! :) It's mostly speech/language/comprehension. He's also receiving occupational therapy through the school. To be honest, I'm not sure what that involves. He's not growing very much, either.

      Thank you for the prayers!

      Delete
  4. Yikes, so glad your roof was fixed with no injuries.

    Teachers that truly love our little ones are a real blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope everyone was safe and no one got hurt while fixing your roof! I can imagine what a relief it must be to finally have that roof fixed up! Leaks can be horrid. Here's hoping that the new roof is far more durable than your last one!

    Regards,
    Edna Shakes @ Presto Roofing

    ReplyDelete