Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Top Ten Books That Caught My Attention in March

My list last month was a little early, and this one is a little late. :P



Promise Me This by Cathy Golhke

This one has been recommended by several people! Here are a few of their reviews:

Annette @ This Simple Home
Kav @ Best Reads
Amber @ Seasons of Humility
Katie @ Legacy of a Writer(or Book Reviews by Lady Katy)
Faye @ Labor Not in Vain

So, you can see why I can't wait to read it!



Harriet Beamer Takes the Bus by Joyce Magnin

Kate @ The Parchment Girl brought this one to my attention.



Prophet by R.J. Larson

I wouldn't have been interested in this one just by looking at the cover. I read very little Biblical fiction and that's what it looks like. It was advertised in the back of Moonblood, though, so I looked it up. It still looks like Biblical fiction, maybe, but with fantasy elements. I honestly don't know what I'll think about it, but I'm intrigued.




Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

I'm really not sure where I saw this one. I think I'll wait and see what kind of content it has before deciding to read it.



Emily and Einstein by Linda Francis Lee

I can't remember who pointed this one out, but I know it was a post from the Spring Thing Reading Challenge.

I'd love to hear thoughts on this one if you've read it! (how's the clean factor?)




The Irish Healer by Nancy Herriman

Kav @ Best Reads brought this one to my attention, too.



The Girl Who Could Silence the Wind by Meg Medina

I'm pretty sure this one was being advertised at Goodreads, and it caught my attention.



Garden of Madness by Tracy L. Higley



Heaven in Her Arms: Why God Chose Mary to Raise His Son and What It Means for You by Catherine Hickem



50 People Every Christian Should Know: Learning from Spiritual Giants of the Faith by Warren W. Wiersbe

Cathy @ Thoughts on Books brought this one to my attention.

3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through Clean Teen Fiction, and I'm so glad I did! I have a blog also, that is kind of a 'clean book' blog. I haven't really reviewed and books, but I put summaries of good, clean books that I read on it. Feel free to check it out:
    http://need2read9.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Prophet and Heaven in Her Arms covers.

    I keep meaning to read Emily and Einstein.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these posts whenever they come! You usually pick titles I wouldn't otherwise know about.

    Promise Me This seems very promising indeed! Annette made me want to look into that, given my interest in the Titanic and all that.

    I seem to recall another blogger talking about 50 People Every Christian should know and them liking it also. I'd forgotten about it. Glad you mentioned it!

    ReplyDelete