Monday, April 2, 2012

The Money Saving Mom's Budget(Audiobook) by Crystal Paine


Description:

Crystal Paine, who has helped busy women everywhere take control of their finances, presents her most effective strategies designed for families of all sizes and income levels

With hundreds of inspiring “why didn’t I think of that?” TIPS, plus WORKSHEETS, Paine breaks down your goals into easy, manageable steps so you can:

• Achieve a complete financial makeover

• Set up a realistic budget

• Never pay retail

• Slash your grocery bill

• Organize your time & your home

• Use coupons wisely

• Pay with cash only

• Live simply

• Become debt free

• Choose contentment

• Make every dollar count

My Thoughts:

The Money Saving Mom's Budget on audiobook has taught me the value of listening to something useful while clipping and organizing my coupons! I really enjoyed having some extra motivation and encouragement during that chore. It's definitely not my favorite thing to do, but it helps, so I do it. There's a good chunk of the book that talks about clipping coupons and having a grocery budget. Honestly, I didn't learn a whole lot of new things concerning the groceries, BUT it is great to be reminded of why I do it. It's easy to forget at times. I received the encouragement I needed to step it up a notch.

The first part of the book deals with "getting it together". (I sure need to get it together)! She discusses time management and clutter management. Then she goes into actually setting up a budget. She takes these steps slow, and encouraged me not to skip steps. As tempting as that would be, it would be setting me up for failure. Crystal starts with the very basics and adds steps along. If you already have a budget, I'm guessing you probably wouldn't learn anything new. Sometimes lessons I've learned require a memory refresher, so either way, I don't think this book could be a waste of time!

The Money Saving Mom's Budget actually comes in print format, too, but I really liked the audio version. Honestly, I don't know if I'd have to same opinion of it in print format. Reading and listening are very different. I am now looking forward to listening more during my dreaded chores, though! ;)

*I was provided a free audio version of this book through Litfuse Publicity in exchange for my honest opinion.

If you'd like to see what others are saying about The Money Saving Mom's Budget, CLICK HERE.

About Crystal:

Crystal Paine is a wife and homeschooling mom to three young children who has been writing on topics related to frugality for the last five years—and living a frugal, simple, and debt-free life since she was born. Her blog, MoneySavingMom.com, is one of the top personal finance blogs on the web averaging over four million pageviews per month. Crystal has contributed to articles in Woman's Day magazine and All You magazine, as well as being mentioned on National Public Radio and CNN.com, in USA Weekend, and Real Simple magazine and numerous other local newspapers and radio and television stations.



"What I love about the audio edition of The Money Saving Mom'®s Budget is that I
can listen to it on the go - on my run, in the car, or while I'm folding laundry. AND ... I
love that it comes with the downloadable worksheets. I am able to work through those
while listening to Crystal speak. So helpful. Perfect for my busy schedule."
--Anne,
blogger (and reformed budget breaker!)



Celebrate with Crystal by entering her iPad2 Giveaway (a GREAT tool to keep track of
your budget!) and RSVPing to the Live Webcast Event on 4/5!



One savvy winner will receive:

  • A Brand new iPad2
  • The Money Saving Mom's Budget by Crystal Paine, audio
    edition
Enter today by clicking one of the icons below. But hurry, the giveaway ends
4/4/12.
Winner will be announced at The Money Saving Mom's Live Webcast Event on 4/5.
Crystal will be hosting an evening of chat, laughter and encouragement - bring your
friends! She'll share tips and advice and her husband will be joining her to share how the
principles Crystal outlines in her book have dramatically impacted their family life.
She'll also be giving away some GREAT prizes: gift certificates, books, and
much more!



So grab your copy of The Money Saving Mom®'s Budget and join Crystal
and friends on the evening of April 5th for an evening of fun of learning, sharing and
encouragement.


Don't miss a moment of the fun. RSVP TODAY and tell your friends via FACEBOOK or TWITTER and increase your chances of winning. Hope to
see you on the 5th!

Want more info about the MSM?

Click here!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really really good. I bet I would love it. I'm a huge fan of audios.

    ReplyDelete