Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Reading Thing 2012



Spring Reading Thing is hosted by Katrina @ Callapidder Days.

As much as I used to dislike planning my reading, I've grown to appreciate having a list.

I realize I probably won't get through ALL of these. I hope to, though. They are in addition to my "What's on My Nightstand" books, so we'll see. They are also all books that are already on my shelves.(oops....two exceptions are from my church library).

Non-Fiction:




Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Marc Weissbluth

I'm desperate for sleep. I NEED sleep! Excluding month 3/4 (I think), when Firefly actually slept through the night, I think I can count on one hand(I might need both if I think hard enough) the number of times I've actually slept through the night in the past 11 months. :P I'm not completely deprived, but I can feel it catching up with me in every part of my body.




War of Words: Getting to the Heart of Your Communication Struggles by Paul David Tripp

I've heard good things about this author, so I really want to give this one a try.



Friendship: Handle With Care by Jane McWhorter

I admire this sweet lady with all my heart, and have all the respect in the world for her! We also go to the same church. :) I'm wanting to make my way through ALL of her books eventually(I've already read a few).




She Hath Done What She Could by Jane McWhorter




Special Delivery: A Course in Letter-Writing by Jane McWhorter

I bought this one recently, and Ms. Jane signed it for me. :)



Fiction:



East by Edith Pattou



Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George



The Frontiersman's Daughter by Laura Frantz



Alabama Brides by Sandra Robbins

I really, really hope I can make it through all of these!

5 comments:

  1. I love Laura Frantz's The Frontiersman's Daughter!!! It looks like you'll have plenty of great reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of any of these but it looks like lots of variety. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat to have a personal connection to some of the books on your list. I've heard lots of good things about Laura Frantz's book.

    Happy reading...and I hope more sleep is in your future. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun in the variety. The titles are new to me!

    ReplyDelete