Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Love That Multiplies by Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar


Howard Books (June 7, 2011) 288 pages

My Thoughts:

The Duggar family gives great inspiration to me! They simply make me want to be a better person, and raise the standard of living I feel I should be living. I like watching their show. At the moment, it's the only show I DVR and actually watch. Surprisingly, we have a great deal of the same beliefs. There's also plenty that we disagree about. While we DO share the same beliefs about birth control pills, we do NOT share the same beliefs concerning having as many children as our bodies allow us. I don't judge them! I actually very much respect that they've made this decision AND they're sticking with it. I know it has to be hard on them at times. As far as religious beliefs, we're pretty close. I think Baptist is about as close to my "religion" as one can get. In some ways, they're more conservative, and in others I'm more conservative. I connect with them, though! They bring humor and encouragement to my life.

A great deal of A Love That Multiplies is basicly repeating what has been on the shows. I haven't watched every single episode, but I recognized a good bit of the reading from the shows I have saw. I didn't see any of the episodes concerning Josie, so it was all mostly new information for me. As most of you know, Grasshopper was born extremely premature, weighing 1 pound, 8 ounces. I got very emotional while reading about little Josie, because we've been there. It was the hardest thing I've ever been through in my life at this point, and Grasshopper was my first. I can't imagine going through that tough time with 18 other children at home!

There is other information besides what has been on shows, though. They have listed quite a few reference materials they use as a family. I'm thinking if it works so well for them, I need to give them a try! I have tons of things highlighted, so I can reference back often.

A Love That Multiplies was a fun, quick read. I received the encouragement that I was hoping for, and I enjoyed reading more about them.

**A huge thanks to Howard Books for my review copy in exchange for my honest opinion.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! Thanks for the review. This family is a like a well oiled machine. I admire their love and ability to make it all work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd like the book and show but haven't seen or read....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did NOT know that Grasshopper was born that premature. WOW! That must have been quite the experience. (To say the least.)

    As you already know, I enjoyed this book and love the Duggar family. As you say, I don't agree with everything that they stand for, but we have plenty of shared beliefs. I also respect them greatly!

    ReplyDelete