Monday, February 20, 2012

Top Ten Books That Caught My Attention in February

I'm doing this post a week early, since next week is "What's on Your Nightstand". I've missed the past couple of months, so I want to jump back in next week.

Even though it's a week early, I still had WAY more than 10 books that caught my attention, but I'd have to say these are my top "hope to read" books! I tried to link up where I saw these books, but I honestly can't remember some of them. I need to do a better job of keeping links!



Peaceweaver by Rebecca Barnhouse

Doesn't it look fun?!






H2O the Novel (The Eternal Elements) Brannon Hollingsworth and Austin Boyd

I think I first saw this one at Christian Bookshelf Reviews(Melanie). I knew I wanted to read it, but when I saw that the authors are from my state, well, I wanted to read it more. Am I the only one who does that? ;)





Windchaser (Phantom Island, Book 1) by Krissi Dallas

Amber reviewed this one at The Borrowed Book. I can't wait to read it!!






Bliss by Kathryn Littlewood

This one looks fun and whimsical!







A Perfect Mess: Why You Don't Have to Worry About Being Good Enough for God by Lisa Harper

I'm curious!





Everyday Happy Herbivore: Over 175 Quick-and-Easy Fat-Free and Low-Fat Vegan Recipes Lindsay S. Nixon

Audrey at Just Audrey reviewed this book, and it looks like just what I need right now. Quick, simple, low fat, AND vegan. I just saw that she recommended another one, too, so I'll be checking that one out, too!






Crocodile on the Sandbank (Amelia Peabody, Book 1) by Elizabeth Peters

Bookworm 1858 wrote a review mentioning the characters in this one, which grabbed my attention enough to look the series up. I decided it was a must read! :)





Queen in Exile by Donna Hatch

Kathryn at Clean Teen Fiction alerted me of this one, along with several others.





Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen

Looks interesting!





Princess of the Wild Swans by Diane Zahler

One of this author's other books made my list a couple of months ago. I didn't realize it was the same author until I started linking.





Starflower by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

Amber posted the cover at Seasons of Humility. Isn't it just beautiful?!! I can't wait!! I've already got Moonblood pre-ordered for April. That was my very first pre-order EVER, so that tells you how much I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this series.

*Well, I didn't realize I still had 11 on my list until after I posted, so I'm leaving them all. :P (They weren't in any order, by the way).

7 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm excited that two of the books I've posted about are on your "Top Ten Books That Caught My Attention List!" :) Windchaser and Windfall are just awesome, and I, too, have pre-ordered Moonblood (and can't wait for Starflower!). :D

    I agree about Scarlet - that one looks really interesting!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you put them both on my radar! :) I didn't realize there would be a 4th book in the Tales of Goldstone Wood series, so I was excited about that.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Your welcome! I'm glad you reviewed those books! :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE Crocodile in the Sandbank. It's been YEARS since I've read it though.

    Happy Herbivore sounds right up my alley too!

    I love the cover of Still.

    Another fun list of books, looks like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, now I want to read Crocodile even more! It really does sound great!

      Delete