Friday, February 17, 2012
Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Living to Tell the Story.
A couple of my favorite blogs have been doing this feature on Fridays, and I love reading their posts!! You may(or may not) remember that one of my goals for the new year was to be more positive. To help with that goal, I decided that doing this feature each week is something I NEED to do. It always feels better to focus on the rainbows of life. :)
1. I'm SO grateful for these beautiful flowers Jonathan got me on Tuesday! They really were unexpected! Best I remember, these are the first ones I've gotten since being married. In general, Jonathan knows that I'd rather have a rose bush or a flower to plant in the yard. BUT, I LOVE flowers! And, I LOVE getting them occasionally, so I am incredibly grateful that I have something else beautiful to look at for a few days. Flowers really do brighten my days!
2. We have new tires on our vehicle. I had a hard time finding the bright side of this situation at first, but I have. Last summer, when Jonathan totaled my beautiful BLUE Eclipse(from my single days-and, yes, I'm INCREDIBLY grateful that he survived that wreck!!!!), we bought a nicer family vehicle. In December, we had to have the transmission completely re-built. That was hard. Thankfully, Jonathan had a great deal of PTO built up, so he was able to use all of it. It just covered the cost of the work done. When taxes came in, we had the tires changed. While there, they discovered another problem with the front of the vehicle, which ended up in even more costly repairs. I'm grateful, though, because:
A-We HAVE a vehicle(2, actually), and that is a great BLESSING!!
B-We were blessed with money each time these repairs were needed!
C-Nobody was hurt due to these problems. I'm thankful that the problems were discovered in time!
So, as much as I was tempted to be mad(and I was for a few minutes), I'm thankful!
3. Amazon Vine-I can't even tell you how much we've been blessed by this program! We've ended up with diapers and training pants and SO many useful items. I am so grateful to God for blessing us with this opportunity.
4. I'm thankful that Grasshopper is able to go to preschool again. (For anyone new, he has therapy preschool 3 days a week for 2 1/2 hours a day). He's missed the past two weeks(except for one day) due to sickness at our house. We've suffered through fevers and coughing and boxes upon boxes of tissues. (Speaking of tissues, check out Annette's post. Awesome idea!) Jonathan and Firefly are still having a rough time, but half of us is mostly better. I'm thankful that prior to the past few months my immune system has been great. (Maybe the past few months is God's way of telling me to take better care of myself?! I'll take that as a blessing, too).
5. Free rugs! A month or two ago, I ended up buying a Step2 Play and Shade Patio Set from JCPenney(online). It had been marked down to $15, which was an awesome price. I ordered it with intentions of putting it back for a birthday present. Well, it ended up being a pricing error. JCPenney sent out as many of the sets as they could at the discounted price, but they just didn't have enough. They refunded my money AND sent me a $50 online gift card. How awesome is that?! We needed some rugs for our main bathroom and kitchen, so I was able to order 4 with the card. They were backordered until March, so it was unexpected when 3 of them arrived this week. Another wonderful blessing!
As an extra, let me say what a huge blessing reading Lit!: A Christian Guide to Reading Books by Tony Reinke has been. I finished reading it Wednesday and I walked away pumped up for changes in my life! Awesome book! I'm trying to pull my thoughts together in hopes of convincing you this is a book you need to read.