Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sea Turtle Summer by Nancy Stewart


Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc (November 15, 2011) 24 pages

Description from Amazon:

Bella and Britt think living by the beach is the coolest thing ever. When they discover an unprotected sea turtle's nest, they go into action! Will their bravery and quick thinking save the baby turtles? How can do they do it, and what lesson will they learn about themselves? The book also contains kid appealing sea turtle facts. Suggested for readers:6-9

My Review:

I love children's book that are fun AND teach something. It's so easy to learn when you're having fun! Nancy has created a cute series that teaches about marine life. Sea Turtle Summer is about the loggerhead turtle and the need to protect them. I haven't read One Pelican at a Time, but I'm guessing it's just as great.

There's a list of facts at the end of the book that add to it's educational value. I don't live close to the beach, so before reading Sea Turtle Summer, I wouldn't have known what to do if I saw a sea turtle laying eggs. I think it's awesome that kids(and adults) from all over the place can learn about beach life through this book.

I also really like that the artist(Samantha Bell) has created characters of different ethnic backgrounds. That's always a bonus for me!

Overall, this was a fun, informative book that I definitely recommend!

Guardian Angel Publishing(link for book)

*I was provided a review copy from the author through Pump Up Your Book Tours in exchange for my honest opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful review of Nancy's latest. I'm glad you liked it. The first book was awarded the Literary Classics Seal of Approval. I hope your readers get a chance to check these out.

    All my best,

    Cheryl

    www.pumpupyourbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could we NOT like this book - considering the subject matter. =)

    ReplyDelete