Sunday, July 31, 2011

Beautiful Bandit by Loree Lough


Whitaker House (July 3, 2010) 400 pages

Description from Amazon:
Joshua Neville is a quiet, even-keeled rancher who was just minding his own business when he witnessed a brazen bank robbery in San Antonio, Texas, that leaves three men dead. Even more shocking than the heist itself is that the ringleader looked like a woman! Weeks later, when Josh is on the trail, a lost and confused woman stumbles upon his campsite. He agrees to take "Dinah" to Mexico, but soon their journey is hampered by harsh weather and wild animals. When Dinah breaks her ankle, Josh takes her to his ranch to heal. As the two grow closer, Josh realizes he's fallen in love, even as he learns the truth about Dinah. But does he know the whole story? And, after the truth comes out, will he put his life at risk to keep her with him?

My Review:
I don't know what rock I've been hiding under for this to be my first Loree Lough book! She's definitely on my radar now, though!

I adore a good, sweet romance. I like to feel the looks across the room and the sparks from an innocent hand brush. I love getting to see a bit of the "dating" process of a couple. I got that and so much more from Beautiful Bandit.

Kate, aka "Dinah" is tiny and spunky, with a sense of humor that floods the pages. Josh is a man of few words, but you can feel his love and admiration for Kate. Josh's grandmother was just a lovely, admirable lady!

I enjoyed every minute of reading Beautiful Bandit. I was immediately drawn into the story and I fell in love with the characters just as quickly. There's romance, humor, and action...what's not to love! I can't wait to read more of the other characters in the rest of the series!

*A huge thanks to Kav for my copy of Beautiful Bandit and Maverick Heart, which I can't wait to devour!

No comments:

Post a Comment