Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Review: A Tailor-Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer



Bethany House(June 1, 2010) 348 pages

Description:(from Christianbook.com)
Jericho "J.T." Tucker wants nothing to do with Coventry, Texas's new dressmaker. He's all too familiar with her kind--shallow women more devoted to fashion than true beauty. Yet, except for her well-tailored clothing, this seamstress is not at all what he expected. Hannah Richards is confounded by the man who runs the livery. The unsmiling fellow riles her with his arrogant assumptions and gruff manner while at the same time stirring her heart with unexpected acts of kindness. Which side of Jericho Tucker reflects the real man?

My Review:
I loved so many things about this book!!!
One of my favorite passages in the Bible is about the virtuous wife, and I loved how Hannah was brought to life as that woman in this story. There’s so many lessons taught in this book, including don’t judge someone by their appearance, whether they are beautiful, ugly, poor. Also, helping the needy is another lesson.
So many books I read is about two people that love each other, but don’t get together to the very end. (Which is fine. I love those books, too). I adored reading about the “courting” part of a relationship.
It just melted my heart to read about the sweet romantic gestures, tokens of affection, and small touches of a new couple in love, which is one of the sweetest things ever!! (almost as sweet as an elderly couple still in love after so many years).
I also liked how the meaning of Jericho’s name was defined in different ways as the story progressed.
All the characters won my heart, with the exception of one. They were all special and sweet in different ways, and each one was stubborn in their own way.
This book has earned a permanent place on my bookshelf and is now one of my favorites. I absolutely cannot wait to read Karen’s next book!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great review. :) Sounds like a book I would really enjoy!

    I like the point you made about a lot of books being about a couple not getting together until the end. Something to think about as a writer... ;) You might like the book Fit to Be Tied by Robin Lee Hatcher, because it kind of shows the same thing for part of the book--the "courting" aspect of a relationship).

    Thanks for the review!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete